Friday, October 31, 2014

I'm a Fool to Love You.


Tonight is Halloween and I am not doing anything for Halloween because I have blocked off this whole weekend for getting stuff done because I am headed off to a brother’s wedding next week. Yes, The Texan Diplomat is getting married and so I get to do some fun traveling, but that means I have a metric fuck-load of things to get done before I get on a train Wednesday night.

So I am sitting here at my kitchen table doing my work and I have the windows open - it is a nice chill breezy and drizzly dark night - and I can hear the occasional hoots and woots and hollers of Halloween parties in the apartment complex. Longtime readers of this  blog know that I have great difficulty processing the fact that anyone anywhere ever might possibly be having fun without me, so tonight feels a bit lonelier than most. I spend alot of time alone - being both a writer and a grad student - and I’m fine with it and I have actually learned how to be somewhat graceful about this whole being-single thing, but tonight my Pandora is on a bluesy bender and so as I write this I am listening to to Donald Byrd’s “I’m a Fool to Want You” as college girl laughs roll in through my windows on air a little thicker and wetter than most nights and it makes me a little lonelier than most nights.



.
.
.

No comments: