Thursday, November 7, 2013

Intentionally Bad Poetry is My Jam.


The story I am working on right now is part travelogue and part (somewhat related) book of poetry. I know, I know, you want to scream at me, “GIVE IT UP WITH THE POETRY ALREADY!”

Ah, but what if I told you that the poetry is SUPPOSED to be bad?! See, I built a little escape hatch into my story that way. I know, I’m like the smartest guy you’ve ever heard of.

Well, writing this thing requires that I dash off little poems every so often. Most of them are just filler at this point and I will have to come back later and make them better. But I just wrote this one below and was surprised by how not completely shit it is. The poems are all from the point of view of a (hopefully) hilariously misanthropic poet.

.
.
.

No comments: