Monday, February 25, 2013

A Little Birdie Told Me.



Last night while watching the Oscars I started to get bored somewhere around the fourteenth appearance of the cast of “Chicago” and so I set up a Twitter account from my phone. Should you care, it is called @standardkink (though I’m no exactly sure if that means anything because I have not yet figured out how Twitter works.

Here are my initial Twitter-related discoveries in what I like to call “The Land of Stuff Which was Cool Two or Three Years Ago!”

- Everybody I have talked to about having a brand new shiny Twitter account has said to me, “Yeah. I have one. I don’t really use it anymore.”

- It is very difficult to figure out which person on Twitter is actually Will Ferrell.

- The speed and frequency with which The Huffington Post updates its Twitter feed is not just shocking but actually kind of horrifying. It is as if they have an entire staff of people over there who used to be Republicans and they are all trampling over each other to prove their liberal bona fides.

- Steve Martin is a very funny man who has been told far too many times that he is a very funny man. I adore him but something about the fact that he’s hilarious even when he’s phoning it in is kind of annoying.

- As soon as you sign up for a Twitter account seven people whose photos are of trashy looking women in bikinis will start following your single post and then immediately unfollow you.

.
.
.

No comments: