Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Accidental Machine Poetry.

What you see below is from a math thesis titled “Fiber reconstruction techniques in diffusion weighted MRI”. Now I have no idea what any of those words mean when arranged in that order and I certainly do not know what any of the equation(s) below actually do.
I came across all of this while I was at work at the university library and as I was looking at this page I was struck by how much this looked like poetry. Structurally, I mean. If you cross your eyes at it, it is just stuff on a page. And that made me think that perhaps it is a poetry, of a kind. Perhaps it is the kind of poetry that computers write for one another.
Poetry by machines, for machines.
No wonder I can’t understand it. I hope however, that it is good enough to make an iPhone cry. To remind an inkjet printer that there is more to life.
+

The following code determines the forward neighboring voxel. The backward voxel is determined in a similar manner.
function [fx,fy]=forward_3(SPX, SPY,fxo,fyo)
x=SPX(2,2);
y=SPY(2,2);
% normalize vector
x=xjsqrt(x"2+y"2);
y=y fsqrt(x"2+y"2);
fxo=fxojsqrt(fxo"2+fyo"2);
fyo=fyofsqrt(fxo"2+fyo"2);
NVX=zeros(3);
NVY=zeros(3);
NVX(l,l)=-1;
NVX(1,2)=0;
NVX(1,3)=1;
NVX(2,1)=-1;
NVX(2,2)=0;
NVX(2,3)=1;
NVX(3,1)=-1;
NVX(3,2)=0;
NVX(3,3)=1;
NVY(l,l)=l;
NVY(1,2)=1;
NVY(1,3)=1;
.
.
.

No comments: