Thursday, July 9, 2009

Massachusetts: Legal-Genius-Land

So Massachusetts is suing the federal government over gay marriage. This is the smartest thing I have ever heard! The State of Massachusetts is making the case that the Defense of Marriage Act (which is the federal law that bans same-sex marriage) violates the right of the state to define marriage however it wants.

Since the Constitution says that powers not expressly given to the Federal government fall to the states, I think that this might just work.

I am just so very impressed by you Massachusetts. Good work and good thinking.

So once this is done we will just have to fix this whole thing state by state. I think that can be done. Eventually.

Anyway, here is an article about it from CNN.com.

I can’t wait to see what all the bullshit “small government” Republicans say about this.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: