Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Can't Enjoy Trees Without My Glock



So this is Senator Tom Coburn M.D.. This is the really-really-really dumb person who added the amendment to today’s credit card legislation that makes it okay for people to carry concealed weapons around in our national parks.

So wait.

Just wait.

When people start getting killed by hand guns at Yosemite, this is the man that you should write your letter to. His is the office to which the parents of dead children should go in order to ask why people were allowed to carry loaded, hidden guns around Yellowstone.

Why did we need this?

What could possibly have been the point of something so unforgivably stupid as this amendment?

Is this how the gun lobby and the NRA think that they should be having this fight? Is it because they can’t get a law repealed using sense orlogic or reason? That they have to have senseless assholes like Senator Coburn do this sort of thing?

When will we – as a nation – get over this irrational love of guns?

I’m not trying to repeal the Second Amendment or anything, but come the fuck on! Why do we need to carry a desert eagle around in a national park?

You know what makes me proud? I like that our President actually does think that these people “cling to their guns and religion”, I wish that that Obama was our President. But for now, I am proud of the fact that we have a guy in office who does believe that, even if he won’t ever say it out loud again.

And as for Senator Coburn, I believe that there is a special place in hell for people like him. I wish I could see the look on his face when his ass ends up there.

Here is an article about the whole thing.

Here is the letter that I just sent to his office:

Dear Senator,

I have never written a letter like this before, but after today I am simply compelled to.

Respectfully Sir, I think that you should be ashamed of yourself for the amendment that you attached today. It was opportunistic and it represented Washington politics at the absolute worst. It was a credit card bill designed to help people and you used it to advance your own personal political agenda.

I think it was disgraceful.

Respectfully,
James Bezerra


Notice I toned down my language. I think it means more that way, not that he will ever read it.

Here is the link to send an email to Senate Office.

I just can't get my head around what an awful thing this man did.
.
.
.

No comments: