Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tepid.


I can feel already that I am going to run out of energy before the week is up. My body has been telling me all day that it is Thursday and I keep telling my body, “No, you are incorrect, it is only Wednesday.”


This is not a complaint, this running out of energy thing. My life right now is probably way easier than yours. I’m on summer break from school, so I wake up, walk to work, work, walk back from work, work out, eat dinner, read, and go to sleep. That has been my week so far, this week anyway. I know it sounds boring to you (what with your jetsetting international jewel-thief lifestyle) but I needed some boring in my life lately. So I am happy. ish.


But my body is tired. I have been using the little gym here in my apartment complex and I have not been moderating myself well, so I think I am working my body too hard, which is why I feel so tired. Also, I have been trying to eat “fruit” and “vegetables” instead of salted mixed nuts and white wine. I do not think my body is very happy about this sudden and drastic change.


Also - as long as I am complaining - the summer has finally started to settle like a tepid bowl of soup on greater Los Angeles and so lately when I sit down here at my kitchen table to write, my forearms kind of stick to the table in a way that is both gross and annoying. I do not like it. I do not like it at all. I will keep you updated on this situation as it develops.


.
.
.

No comments: